Fat Injection in Washington, DC
Dr. Yousefi offers fat injections for patients in Washington, DC, Vienna, Arlington, and surrounding areas of Northern Virginia.
Fat injection (or fat transfer) is a procedure in which fat is removed from a certain part of the body and injected into the desired location. Fat transfers have many benefits, especially little risk of rejection since the fat is from your own body.
At Younger Image Plastic Surgery Center, we offer many options for fat transfer, including the following:
- Laugh Lines: This is one of the most common areas that we inject in the face. The triangular area that is just next to the nose can give the illusion that a person is old. Typically, we inject the area of the laugh line that goes from the nostrils to the corner of the mouth. Injections are made both parallel and perpendicular to this line to give more support and better results. Multiple fat injections are usually needed for this area of the face.
- Cheek Bones: We often perform fat injections in the cheek bone area for people who like fuller cheek bones. For patients who desire a more dramatic look, we also perform cheek implants, which can improve the appearance of deep laugh lines and decrease wrinkles and fine lines.
- Under Eyes: The area under the eye is very important in terms of rejuvenation. The treatment of this area sometimes requires fat removal, fat injection, skin removal, lid tightening, muscle trimming, and skin peeling or a combination.
- Forehead and Frown Lines: Fat injection can be used with or without Botox® for this area of the face. Botox® is used as a temporary treatment in these areas to prevent the deepening of lines between the eyebrows and glabella, while fat injection is a great option for patients who already have a deep line between their eyebrows and under the eyes. In fact, fat injection in these areas often has the best longer-lasting result than any other part of the face.
- Lips: The lips are important features of your face. Fat injection into the lips is made by considering the appearance of your entire face. Some faces need to have a fuller upper lip or a fuller lower lip. Some patients desire a better and more formed cupid’s bow, while others need a fuller lifted look in the corners of the mouth. Some patients may need all or a combination of these injections.
- Earlobes: This is an area that is usually ignored, but fat injection to the earlobe is an easy way to make the ears look younger. Fat injections to the ear lobes are sometimes combined with earlobe reduction or with repair of the torn earlobes. Many patients report that they can put on their earrings much more easily after this procedure.
- Nose: Small depressed and sunken areas of the nose can be improved by fat injection as a primary procedure or even as a corrective procedure after a nose job. Usually a nose job can improve the nose shape significantly.
- Temple: People who lose a lot of fat from their faces often have a sunken look over the sides of their forehead. Fat injection is a good option for this area. Very thin people who run and exercise a lot may complain of a thin face, and fat injection is a good option for them as well.
- Hands: The hands are another part of the body that can give away age. Through the thin skin of the hands, visible veins and tendons can be an unsightly picture. Fat injection can help fill these areas. Sometimes, lasers are used, or peels are done on the skin of the hand to rejuvenate the skin and remove the pigmentation and sun-damaged skin marks in combination with fat injection to the hands.
- Feet: The same techniques are used to inject fat in the feet as in the hands. Usually fat is injected underneath the skin just between the tendons to fill the defects.
- Legs: This is a very common procedure that is done either alone or in combination with liposuction to improve the appearance of the legs and show a better curve or line. Leg sculpting via fat injection is truly an art and is not just an injection of a lump of fat in the area. This technique is also used to correct the defects that are created after a trauma or after surgeries that have caused damage to the fat or tissues.
How Much Do Fat Injections Cost in Washington, DC?
Younger Image Plastic Surgery Center currently works with CareCredit® and MedicalFinancing.com to provide our patients with convenient financing options. Within a few hours of applying, you can be pre-approved for your cosmetic procedures.
Additional Facial Surgery Procedures
Younger Image Plastic Surgery Center offers plastic surgery and skin rejuvenation treatments and procedures to patients in Washington, DC, Vienna, Arlington, and surrounding areas of Virginia. Dr. Jamal Yousefi and his staff combine personalized care with the latest technology to provide each patient with extraordinary results. For more information or to schedule a patient consultation, call 703-552-4894 to speak to a member of our friendly, knowledgeable staff.December 3, 2013