A breast augmentation can help women enhance the size or shape of the breasts, creating a more shapely figure or improving the proportions of the body. Younger Image Plastic Surgery Center offers many kinds of implants to help each patient achieve their cosmetic goals. We welcome patients from Washington, DC, Arlington, and surrounding areas of Maryland and Virginia to visit any of our three offices, located in Vienna, Woodbridge, and Rockville.
What is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure that involves the use of breast implants to enhance the size and shape of the breasts. Many of our patients feel that a breast augmentation helps them feel more confident and comfortable with their appearance. Breast implants are the traditional breast augmentation technique since they offer a natural look and feel. Many different implants are available to the patient, varying in material, shape, and size. Younger Image Plastic Surgery Center is proud to offer all types of breast implants to ensure that patients are able to obtain the results they desire.
How Much Does Breast Augmentation Cost in Washington, DC?
The exact cost of your breast augmentation procedure will vary depending on the types of implants selected and the techniques used to deliver your desired results. The average cost for breast augmentation is between $6,500 and $7,500. During your consultation, we will evaluate your cosmetic goals to develop a personalized treatment plan. At this time, we will be able to provide the full cost of your treatment. To schedule any treatment, we ask for a $1,000 deposit that is nonrefundable. Two weeks before surgery, the patient will have a pre-op appointment where his or her full balance is due to be paid in full.
We offer flexible financing options, including Alphaeon® and CareCredit® to ensure that each patient has access to the treatment that they need. Alphaeon® and CareCredit® pay us in full and the patient pays the financing company a monthly fee. We also accept cash, checks, and major credit cards for your convenience.
What Are My Options Regarding Breast Implants?
The first option you have when considering breast implants is the type of implant material. Each material can be further customized by shape and size to get the results that you desire. Younger Image Plastic Surgery Center offers the following types of implants:
- Silicone – Silicone implants are a gel-filled implant that offer a more natural look and feel.
- Gummy Bear – Gummy bear implants are silicone implants that are filled with a thicker gel. This helps the implants retain their shape for a more natural appearance and feel.
- Saline – Saline implants have a silicone shell and are filled with a saltwater solution. Although they don’t offer all of the benefits of silicone implants, they may require a smaller incision for implantation. This is because they are empty when they are inserted into the breasts and filled afterwards.
In addition to choosing the type of implant, you will have to choose where you want the implant to be positioned. The most common implant placement is sub-muscular, meaning that the implant is beneath the muscle and the breast tissue. This gives the implant an extra layer of protection and a more natural look and feel. The other option is sub-glandular, meaning the implant is placed beneath the breast tissue, but above the pectoral muscles. This will result in a slightly more lifted appearance of the breasts. Recovery from the sub-glandular placement also tends to be faster and less painful.
How Are Breast Implants Inserted?
Your breast implants can be inserted using a variety of incision locations. The location where they are inserted may depend on personal preference and the type of implant chosen. During this process, general anesthesia is typically used to eliminate any discomfort. We may use any of the following incision techniques for your breast augmentation:
- Inframammary – Inframammary incisions are made along the crease underneath the breasts. These incisions are typically well-hidden by the breasts after the procedure.
- Transaxillary – Transaxillary incisions are made in the arm pits. This is a popular incision location because it leaves no scarring on the breasts themselves.
- Peri-Areolar – With the peri-areolar technique, an incision is made around the circumference areola, which is the pigmented skin surrounding the nipple. This is a fairly discreet approach since the scar blends in with the areola after treatment.
After your implants are inserted, the incisions will be sealed and the procedure will be over. A typical breast augmentation procedure takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete.
What is the Recovery Process like After a Breast Augmentation?
After your breast augmentation, you can expect an initial recovery period of about one to two weeks. During this time, you may experience discomfort, bruising, and swelling. The pain can be effectively managed with oral medications and muscle relaxants, which we can provide to you. These effects should fade within a few weeks, but heavy lifting and other strenuous activities should be avoided for at least a month. As such, it may be necessary for patients to take time off of work and other activities.
With offices located in Vienna, Woodbridge, and Rockville, Younger Image Plastic Surgery serves patients in Washington, DC, Arlington, and surrounding communities in Maryland and Virginia. If you are considering a breast augmentation, contact us today to schedule a consultation. Younger Image Plastic Surgery Center is proud to offer this and other breast surgery techniques to help women fulfill their cosmetic goals.